Sr. Web Developer (Back-end)
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a highly motivated Sr. Web Developer who understands that great web-based applications aren’t just about the back-end or front-end, but is a team effort to create a seamlessly elegant product. Using our patented technology to collect real-time, itemized transaction data, we are disrupting the consumer-merchant-brand ecosystem like no one else has--every single day. This means that we are constantly facing new challenges finding better ways to build intelligent big data applications and manage an ever-expanding and interrelated dataset. Our development team is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a superstar to get in on the ground floor and help build awesome cloud products.
This position is contract-to-hire or full-time, pending experience level.
- Design and deliver key features of web products, driving rapid iterations while keeping an eye on scale (we handle massive and multiple streams of data at once)
- Support back-end web development and interfacing with front-end developers
- Update and design new database structures
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience developing server-side frameworks using SOA and REST based APIs
- Experience building web services using JSON, Java/J2EE, Scala, MySQL.
- Experience working with Big Data and Amazon AWS.
- Working knowledge of open-source technologies such as Apache and Tomcat
- Good knowledge of database concepts and design
- At least 5+ years experience building web applications, not just websites
- Knowledge of integration with social networking, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- You have production level experience with display-side language and libraries.
- You have experience working in a continuous integration development environment using Agile Methodologies like Scrum
- You will be given the freedom and ownership to turn your ideas into absolutely amazing Spendgo products
- Awesome San Francisco office with tons of free parking and close to public transportation
- Great compensation: we offer competitive salaries and significant equity
- 100% employer paid Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for ALL employees
- Access to an ever-changing variety of delicious candy and snacks
- A fantastic working environment with a kickass team of Spendsetters