Last updated January 2015
Spendgo offers a rewards and management program through participating merchants ("Merchant Partner"), which allows users to receive, upload, and store digital copies of receipts and other purchase data from these merchants, receive deals and rewards, communicate with merchants, and track purchases, among other things. In this Policy, we describe how we collect, use, and share information about users.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you when you sign up for a rewards program with one of our Merchant Partners and when you make purchases from such merchants, as well as when you register with Spendgo. Additionally, we may collect information from third parties.
Initial Sign Up. To keep the process as simple as possible, we only collect your 10-digit phone number (which is used as your user ID) when you sign up to participate in a Spendgo rewards program sponsored by one of our Merchant Partners.
Purchases. We collect and receive transaction data for the purchases you make with a Merchant Partner, including date and time of purchase.
Spendgo Registration. You do not have to register with Spendgo to participate in a rewards program with a Merchant Partner; you may simply use your 10-digit phone number to participate in the program without divulging any other information, however, certain features of the Services are only available if you activate with Spendgo. When you sign up for Spendgo, you must provide us with your email and phone number, and create a password. You may choose to provide other information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth, zip code, gender, current address and city, and interests. In addition, you may be able to link with certain social media accounts, in which case we will gain access to certain information, as described on the permissions page, when you link the account(s) with Spendgo.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- To provide our Services to you and to Merchant Partners, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for additional customer service purposes.
- To provide you relevant deals and promotions specifically catered to you.
- To display personalized ads to you.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you; to offer personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
- To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions; to contact you about products or information we think may interest you; and for other marketing and promotional purposes.
- To confirm your email address or contact information during the registration process, to prevent and detect fraud and related purposes.
- To continually improve and better understand how our users access and use our Site, App, and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- For other research and analytical purposes.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Merchant Partners. Any of the information you provide us may be shared with a Spendgo Merchant Partner when you use the Services at one of their participating locations, if you have signed up for their rewards program, or opted-in to share your information with the Merchant Partner. Merchant Partners are responsible for the communications they send to you, and you should contact them directly to opt-out of receiving marketing messages (email or text messaging).
- Other Business and Marketing Partners. We may disclose information we collect about you to unaffiliated third parties, who may use the information to market or advertise to you.
- Service Providers. We may disclose information we collect about you to vendors, service providers, contractors, agents or other entities that perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. We hope this is never the case, but we may transfer information we collect about you to another entity if we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose information we collect about you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose information we collect about you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate or de-identified information that we collect about you through your use of our Services for advertising, research, and analytical services.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities on our Site and Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most Internet browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function as intended.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. Unlike cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags) in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" requests. However, you may disable certain tracking on our Site, as discussed in this section (e.g. by disabling cookies), and you may opt-out of certain third party ad networks as described below. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to thoroughly read through their privacy statements as well.
We may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who did not see the ads acted on their site). We may receive information about whether or not you have seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads. We may share certain information (e.g., purchase history and demographic data) with these advertisers so they can better display relevant ads to you. However, we do not share your personal information with advertisers without your explicit consent. (An example of consent would be if you asked us to provide your shipping address to an advertiser to receive a free sample.)
We may use or share any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected about you to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we might use your interest in soccer to show you ads for soccer equipment, but we do not tell the soccer equipment company who you are.
You may opt-out of many third party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For more information regarding this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI); and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
How You Can Change or Remove Information
You may change or remove your profile information at any time by logging into your My Account page and clicking 'Edit.' Information will be updated immediately; however, the previous information may remain in our databases and systems for a period of time. If you want to stop using your account, you may deactivate it or delete it. When you deactivate an account, you will no longer be able to access it, but the information will not be deleted. We save your profile and receipt information in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Many users deactivate their accounts for temporary reasons and in doing so, ask us to maintain their information until they return to Spendgo. If you deactivate your account, you will have the ability to reactivate it and restore your profile in its entirety. When you delete an account, your account history and data will no longer be available to you. You should only delete your account if you are certain you never want to reactivate it. While deleted data may reside in our systems for a time, and we may save certain information for fraud detection and prevention purposes, you will not be able to retrieve your account data once you have deleted it.
Our website, App, and Services may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We have implemented measures to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, mobile device and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
If you discover or suspect any unauthorized use of your account or user information, or if you otherwise believe that your account has been compromised, please notify Spendgo immediately via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to register for Spendgo or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of receiving such communications from us by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note, it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests, and your opt-out does not prevent Merchant Partners from contacting you directly. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we believe may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY